Summertime is here and swimsuit season has arrived! We all fear this time of the year where we seem forced to bear it all on the beach but not to worry; I have several tips to give so you find your perfect swimsuit match that is most flattering for your body. Tall, short, thin, or curvy – there’s always a right fit that will make you excited for your days by the ocean.
For those who want to stay as clad as they can while in the water, the one piece is the right fit for you! A great one piece can be beautifully sexy and still cover what you don’t want to show off. If you are looking for total tummy control, try a one piece suit from Miracle Suit, Eres, or Lands End – they have plenty of suits with rouging around the abdomen that can hide a host of sins.
The itsy bitsy bikini never fails in the summertime, but only for the right body type. Even though we all want to fit into the tiniest of swimsuits sometime’s it’s better to leave them for the less endowed. However, just because you have more curves, doesn’t mean you can’t pull of the two piece. The high waisted bottom is becoming a trend and a perfect look for those who want to have the perfect ratio of showing off just enough skin. It’s perfect for those of you who want to hide a little tummy and also great to accentuate your waist!
If you aren’t sure about diving straight into the two piece, the cut-out bathing suit is a perfect alternative! It’s extremely sexy while still covering just the right amount of skin.
The covered shoulders look is also fantastic as it hides any arm insecurities you may be thinking about. Long sleeve swimwear is great as it protects your skin from the sun like a one piece while still looking super cute and flirty. You can either pair a bottom with a rash guard inspired top or a full piece with long sleeves and zipper for a mysterious and sexy look.
The athletic style is also a great fit for an active and sporty look. You can find plenty of swimwear at Lulu Lemon or Athleta that don’t only work for water sports but also a day by the pool.
Don’t be afraid to mix & match with your swimsuits! You can mix many different patterns with solids or stripes for a unique look. This is also a great way to save money on buying a whole new bathing suit when you can just switch around tops and bottoms from different sets.
Now that we’ve covered the array of styles to choose from, here are some overall tips to help you find your perfect swimsuit match!
1. If you want to make your legs look longer, aim for a smaller bottom with your two piece.
2. If you want to enhance your top half, look for a suit with ruffles or patterns.
3. To control the tummy or create curves, one piece suits made with tummy control, suits with draping/rouging in the center, or high wasted bikini bottoms.
4. If you are looking to smooth out your hip line, look for a bottom that is wider on the sides without having too much fabric. Cheeky suits will hug you but they also tend to enhance your back side.
5. The universal flattering bikini top will always be the triangle. If you are fuller on top you can still use this style, just look for a well made brand that will give you enough support.
6. Last but not least if you aren’t an exhibitionist, you should always look for a suit with some kind of lining and padding…especially in white, ladies!